Book of Bereshit (Genesis) Engagement Project.
In honor of beginning the Torah again, we are launching our Book of Bereshit (Genesis) Engagement Project.
For the next 3 months, as we read from the Book of Bereshit, every week we will be posting discussion questions that we hope families will use to discuss the Torah portion over Shabbat, as well as either a video D’var Torah or a unique Camp Ramah parsha quiz.
This week’s discussion questions were actually developed by this past summer’s Machon campers, when they were in Shoafim. We encourage you to post any of your family’s answers to the questions in the comments section below.
Parsha Bereshit Discussion Questions
Kfir Marcus, Jack Goldbeg, Stephanie Gold, Helyn Steppa, Mikal Berson, and Ianne Sherry
• If you were Eve, would you have done what she did (eaten the fruit)? Would you blame Eve for the decision she made?
• If God had threatened Adam and Eve with their lives if they are the fruit from the tree, why didn’t God punish them with death as God promised?
• Why do you think God did not want humans to eat from the tree? Why do you think God even created the tree and its fruit to begin with?
• Why do you think God asked, “Where are you?” Do you think God knows where we are even if we do not tell God our location?
• Why do you think there are two different stories of how women were created? How are these stories similar or different?