Building a Year-Round Community
The beauty of the Ramah experience is that it doesn’t end when you wave goodbye to your friends at the end of the kayitz. Though we may be separated geographically, the Ramah community exists year-round! Since the end of kayitz 2018, our year-round team has helped oversee a number of community-building events, in-person across our region and on-line. Here are some highlights:
• We had fun Tzad Aleph (A-Side) reunions in the DC and Boston areas. Old friends reunited and had fun together … and our Tzad Bet (B-Side) reunion shabbaton in Palmer is coming soon! Click here to learn more and to sign up!
• Through Gesher Ramah, a program of the National Ramah Commission supported by generous funding from the AVI CHAI Foundation, we’ve run fun, educational camp-style peulot (activities) at a number of synagogues in the Boston area. This has been an exciting way for us to give back to our local Jewish communities and spread the word about the Ramah experience. Click here to learn more about our Boston programming. Members of our year-round tzevet also have been criss-crossing our region to run events for prospective families. Click here to see all of our upcoming events. Interested in hosting a parlor meeting in your area? Please contact Josh Edelglass.
• We’re using social media to our best advantage to keep Ramahniks all over the globe in touch with one another and what’s happening at camp. Sometimes we use these apps to share important information, and other times just to have some silly camp fun. We’re on Facebook, Instagram , and Snapchat (follow PalmerRoos). Please follow us on one or more of those platforms.
• On “Wear Your Ramah T-Shirt Day,” we also launched a second Instagram account: Palmerswag! On (almost) every weekday, we post a photo of an item of Camp Ramah in New England swag (mostly t-shirts, and other fun stuff as well!) from across the decades. We’d love for our alumni to share their own Ramah swag photos! Please contact us through any of our social media accounts or e-mail your photos to Josh Edelglass.
• We’re moving full-steam ahead on planning an exciting Family Camp and a Tikvah Family Shabbaton! Our Family Camp will be May 24-27, 2019, and it’ll be a ruach-filled fun experience for the whole family, open to all families with young children, whether you’re a current or former Ramahnik or not! Click here to learn more and to sign up!
Meanwhile, our Tikvah Family Shabbaton has grown into a highlight of our year, and an extraordinary gathering of families with children with disabilities. As with our Family Camp, no previous Ramah affiliation is required! Click here to learn more and to sign up!
We look forward to seeing you at one of our Year-Round events, and of course, in Palmer for kayitz 2019!