Ilanot Celebrates Yom Wizard of Oz
Today Ilanoters went on a search for friendship and passion! We had a great time!
Here are some of the fun things we did today:
- Watching two short clips from the Wizard of Oz having to do with friendship and pursuing things you feel you are missing in life.
- Making friendship bracelets for a secret friend
- Yellow Brick Road Stations: learning a peice of Pirkei Avot about finding a friend, creating a recipe for friendship, drawing diagrams of names intertwined, playing mystery "I am your friend" game, learning a song with the words to the verse from Pirkei Avot
- Letter writing to Rabbi Gelb about ideas we have for camp
- What are we each passionate about? How can we pursue those passions in our daily life?
- Telling stories about objects that are important to us
- Creating a dream job logo and badge
- Competing in a bunk dance-off to songs from the Wizard of Oz