Job Posting: Day Camp Director — Ramah Day Camp of Greater Washington DC
Job Posting: Day Camp Director – Ramah Day Camp of Greater Washington DC
Come join our Camp Ramah in New England family as director of our day camp serving the DC area. Entering its fifth year, the day camp has grown to provide the Ramah experience to over 250 campers. We are looking for a full time director who is a team player, innovative, entrepreneurial, understands budgets, is organized and loves Jewish experiential education. Master’s degree or Jewish advanced degree preferred. Strong Judaic, Hebrew and camp background is a must. Salary commensurate with experience, health and retirement plans provided. Send cover letter and resume to Ed Pletman, Director of Finance and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our websites at www.ramahdcdaycamp.org and www.campramahne.org.
Ramah Day Camp of Greater Washington DC is a program of Camp Ramah in New England (CRNE). The camp is presently located in Germantown, MD and serves campers from MD, DC and Northern VA. The Day Camp Director is the primary professional responsible for the day to day, summer and year-round operations of the Day Camp. The Day Camp Director is responsible for designing and implementing the Jewish educational vision of the program and is responsible for the sound fiscal management of the camp.
As a part of the year-round staff of CRNE the Day Camp Director will also assume responsibility for the design and implementation of year-round programming and for the recruitment of campers in support of both the day camp and the overnight camp in MA.
The Day Camp Director will supervise the Day Camp Assistant Director, work in partnership with the entire year-round staff of Camp Ramah in New England and will be supervised by the CEO of Camp Ramah in New England to fulfill these primary responsibilities:
- Camper recruitment including but not limited to tours, open houses, congregation events, parlor meetings.
- Supervision of the year-round day camp staff including the registrar and the Tikvah Program Director, as well as all seasonal camp staff.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training the seasonal day camp staff.
- Oversee the use of the day camp property, expansions, renovations and repairs, and to ensure a safe, enriching and beautiful physical environment.
- Oversee the licensing and inspection process.
- Design and implement a program for camp security.
- Develop summer program including daily programming, trips and special events.
- Identify and actualize fundraising opportunities.
- Direct and implement the camps communication and marketing strategies including year-round recruitment, parent communication, social media presence, and the camp website
- Develop and implement the camp transportation program including arrangements with the transportation company, bus stops and scheduling.
- Develop and implement sound budgeting and financial management strategies.
- Strong focus on programming quality and excellence, safety, risk management and outstanding customer service.
- Serve as the primary professional on the CRNE Day Camp Committee, a standing sub-committee of the CRNE Board of Directors.
- In partnership with the Tikvah Program Director maintain and expand the Tikvah offerings at camp ensuring an inclusive camp environment.