Almost There: Spring is Coming!
It’s already March and we are counting down the days until we are back together in the sunshine! If you are going a little stir-crazy waiting for spring to arrive, you might be looking for some ideas of how to bring camp indoors. At camp we are no strangers to coming up with fun and active games to do indoors. We plan for rain days, thunder-storming days, surprisingly cold days, and any kind of day in between!
If you are looking to bring the camp spirit into your home, check out these awesome ideas:
- Bishul! One of our most popular chugim at camp is bishul (cooking). Attached here is our Bishul cookbook from our first session this summer. Scroll down to “cooking” to see our highlight video and find the cookbook. Cook up some of these magical treats and let us know which is your favorite recipe.
- Slime-making! If you can’t make a mess outside, then you can make a mess that sticks to itself inside! Check out this recipe for how to make slime using household items like glue and contact solution.
- Mada! (Science) Camp is a great space for learning and exploration of new concepts, but you can experiment at home as well. If you want to make it feel like summer, than try this DIY “Ice Cream in a Plastic Bag” experiment!
- Friendship bracelets! Although you might be separated from your camp friends, you can still show them you care about them. Make a card or friendship bracelet for your camp friends and send it as a surprise via snail mail – like we use at camp! Check out this awesome guide to friendship bracelet making.
- Sing-along! You can make your home feel like camp by playing the songs our campers learned this summer. Here is our Spotify playlist from Kayitz (summer) 2019! Send us a video of your at home performance and you could win Ramah swag!