The Ramah Difference
“The most menschlich, nurturing, inclusive, educational and values-driven Jewish environment we could possibly send our child.” Michael Silbert, Ramah parent
“I am, as always, so powerfully appreciative that Ramah models a way of being in the world that is always about interconnectedness, living in community and care… [Ramah has given me] relationships with friends that have accompanied me to this day, that have woven in and out of my life like beautiful threads.” Sara Shapiro-Plevan, Ramah parent
For families who want their kids to love being Jewish, Camp Ramah is THE Jewish overnight camp! At Camp Ramah, campers love being Jewish.
What’s our secret to how we inspire joyous Jewish living at camp?
It’s really no secret at all! At Ramah, we weave together fun and meaningful Jewish experiences with all the activities kids love — all in a welcoming, inclusive environment, where kids make life-long friends. We offer unparalleled camper care and inspiring role models.
It Happens at Ramah:
- Campers have fun and meaningful Jewish experiences as fully-integrated parts of their daily life at camp. Click here to learn more about the transformative Jewish experiences we create! Click here to read about our Mission, Vision, and Values!
- Campers can explore and develop their interests through a wide range of excellent programming and high-level instruction in sports, the arts, nature and so much more. We offer campers plenty of choice and opportunities for specialization, so campers who want to spend three hours a day playing sports can do so at Ramah, just as campers who want to spend three hours a day creating art can do so at Ramah! (Most campers mix-and-match, exploring a range of activities.) Click here to learn more about the wealth of options available to campers at Ramah!
- Our outstanding counselors, trained and supported by our adult staff-members, provide unparalleled camper care, so each camper has a safe and positive experience. Click here to learn more about how Ramah provides the highest level of camper care!
- At Ramah, everyone is welcome. Everyone is included.
- Click here to learn more about our programs for children and young adults with disabilities.
- Camp Ramah New England is a community where all sexual identities are actively welcomed and included. We are committed to sustaining and strengthening our community through ongoing education, conversation and examining our assumptions and biases. Click here to learn more about our approach to LGBTQ+ and Gender Inclusiveness at Ramah.
- At Ramah, we stand for racial justice. We promise to do our best to, and to continue to learn how to, be a part of the work to eliminate structural racism and white supremacy in all of the spaces of our camp and the rest of our lives. Please click here for statements and updates regarding George Floyd and racial justice.
- Campers at Ramah make life-long friends. As Ramahniks always say: Ramah friends are friends for life. Ramah friends will be with your children throughout their life, through joys and sorrows. They’ll be with your children on the Bar/Bat Mitzvah circuit; at college; as they enter the job market, and beyond. As they grow up, Ramah campers will discover a vast national network of Ramahniks to help and support them throughout their life.
The Magic of Ramah:
There is so much more that makes Camp Ramah special, and that separates us from the many other summer experiences that are out there for children. Here are some of the other things that our families say is special about Ramah:
- At Ramah, our campers develop self-confidence.
- At Ramah, our campers develop independence.
- At Ramah, our campers are able to take a break from technology; a break from their screens; a break from social media and all the stresses and pressures that brings.
- At Ramah, our campers are able to enjoy a beautiful outdoor environment.
Don’t just take our word for it!
Click here to hear Ramah Stories from our happy Ramah campers, staff members, parents, and alumni!