Ramah New England COVID 2021 Update
Shalom Ramah Families,
We are so happy you are a part of our Ramah community. This letter and the links for more information on our websites are the first in a series of communications we will send out updating you on our plans for kayitz (summer) 2021. This letter is being sent to overnight and day camp families that were/are registered in 2020 and/or 2021. (Day camp registration is not yet open for 2021.)
We intend to safely open our day and overnight camps this coming summer (assuming MD and MA will allow it), while understanding that we will have to be flexible and that our camps may look a little different to accommodate health and state regulations and keep our community healthy. We value the incredible relationships we have with our camp families and want to assure you that our refund and financial policies are designed to be fair and give you comfort and confidence. We will always consistently communicate in an open and transparent way about all camp matters.
Opening our camps safely
· Our Ramah New England and National Ramah Commission (NRC) medical committees are working to set guidelines and protocols to make sure camp is safe this summer. Click here for the bios of our medical chairs on our COVID FAQ page.
· We are working with the NRC, the Foundation for Jewish Camp, the Massachusetts and Chesapeake Camping Associations, and the American Camping Association (ACA) to learn from the successes and challenges of the camps that operated this past summer.
· The ACA, Massachusetts and Chesapeake Camping Associations are working with our states to establish safety guidelines early in 2021 so we can implement their guidelines effectively.
We Want You to be Comfortable with our Financial Situation
· We are in a solid financial situation now because of the outpouring of support from our families, friends and alumni during our emergency campaign in the late spring and summer.
· We know that our camps will cost more to operate this summer – we expect higher expenses to run camp safely. To address these needs, this year we will seek $1M in support for our annual philanthropic initiative: Ramah L’Kulam: Making Ramah Available to Everyone.
· Although we expect camp will open, if our camps cannot open or if our camps have to be modified in a way that is vastly different than usual, you will be offered a refund.
· We will update our camp community monthly via email to keep you up to date as we learn more and additional information becomes available.
· Please reach out to us with any questions and concerns.
Once again, thank you for being a part of our Ramah family. We are excited to be planning for kayitz 2021!