Closing Day Procedures: July 23rd, 2023
We want to implement safe procedures for Closing Day, just as we did on Opening Day. Parents will be directed to park alongside the A-side road and to please remain near their cars. Our staff will bring campers to their parents’ cars; parents will not be able to walk up to the camper bunks.
Covid testing: we are asking all families to take Covid rapid tests before their arrival at camp. You do not need to submit proof of the results, but if you test positive, please stay home and call the summer office for further instructions.
We are offering pick-up time slots of 10:00, 10:20, 10:40, and 11:00. Families that are picking up their campers by car need to sign up for a pick-up time slot using this online portal. The form will go live on Sunday, July 16th at 7pm EST. We will be limiting the number of cars per time slot so that we can safely and efficiently reunite all campers with their families. Time slots will be available on a “first come first served” basis. Please complete the form by Tuesday, July 18th, 5pm.
First session families are invited to stay in camp for a BBQ lunch from 12pm-2pm. The form will have an 11:30am slot for families who are staying for the BBQ or who are also visiting full summer campers. If you plan to stay for the BBQ, please register here.
Here is an outline of the process on Closing Day:
- Please arrive at the camp gate during your assigned time-slot.
- You received an email from Rutie with your specific luggage assignment, and the Camp Trucking times are also attached to this email. For all luggage pick-up locations other than Rockville/Fairfax, you’ll have time to drive from Palmer to your luggage pick-up sites if you choose any of the pick-up slots on the form.
- If you are staying for the BBQ lunch and/or are also visiting full summer campers, please choose the 11:30 timeslot. You will park on A-Side.
- If your specific luggage assignment is in Rockville or Fairfax, please choose the 10:00 pick-up slot so that you’ll get to your luggage pick-up location in time. Please arrange for a friend or relative to pick up the luggage if you’re concerned you might not arrive on time.
- Our MARP staff will have medications at the front of camp for those who are picking up medications.