Camp Ramah Sasson
A complimentary program for Jewish families facing the challenges of pediatric cancer
April 12-14, 2024
A pioneering, pluralistic, and egalitarian Jewish family camp, designed to provide support, solace, and transformative Jewish experiences for families with children in or having recently completed cancer treatment through a combination of Shabbat celebration, outdoor fun, and therapeutic activities.
Camp Ramah Sasson extends an open invitation to Jewish families that have children in or having recently completed cancer treatment.
This program is free of charge to all participating families.
- Open and free of charge to families with a child in or having recently completed cancer treatment and his/her parents and siblings.
- The child with cancer should be 18 years of age or younger.
- The child must be medically cleared to attend the weekend by his/her doctor.
- We welcome two adults in each family to be a part of this weekend. Please include information on all attendees on the application.
- Siblings of the child with cancer.
- Completed applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
What you can look forward to:
- Energetic and joyous Shabbat.
- Camp adventures, sports, fitness, art and more.
- Age appropriate support activities/discussions for siblings, parents and children living with cancer.
- Innovative Jewish learning.
- Healthy, delicious and kosher chef-prepared meals.
This experience will begin with lunch on Friday and conclude after lunch on Sunday.
All families will be housed in rustic but fully winterized and heated accommodations. Housing will be assigned to best meet the needs of each family and allow Camp Ramah Sasson to include as many families as possible.
Click here for our FAQs for Participants!
Click here for our FAQs for Volunteers!